Sunday 11 October 2009

nothing

Nothing. Still air. Bright lights. Cars whizzing by. The blanket of darkness envelops the sky but the stars, the stars, they continue to shine before they dim, and all is forgotten until the circle repeats itself.

You must know of this incident; remember when we were seated in this hall and everything was pitch black like ink? His voice resonated through the hallway and nothing else matters anymore for he was singing my song. I turned to look at you and you did the same thing; we both knew what that had meant. What crosses the mind, as loosely translated, were merely simple words with heavy depth.

But it is difficult to explain the weight of those words with the heavy knots in our breaking voice.

Whispers in the dark can be the cruelest form of communication - what if you get one word wrong? It's like a slap to your face which leaves you with a sharp pain albeit momentarily. But nothing lasts forever anyway (the song, the words, life). But at the same time you'd ask yourself, if it's all just in your head?

When you pick up pieces and take it along with you, they become some part of you. The chemicals in your bodies align with them and it changes the core of you. The healing, touching, feeling, speaking, thinking, listening, hearing - the next course of action calls for a response.

Trust me.

Trust shall be marked on my arm.

This is not the path I chose to be intertwined. Nothing left for me here. There. Because nothing lasts forever anyway (the song, the words, life).


This love of life makes me weak at my knees
And when we get there make your play
'Cos soon I feel you're gonna carry us away
In a promised lie you made us believe
For many men there is so much grief

music for the soul: [strangers - the kinks]

No comments: