Monday 28 December 2009

O, what have we become

Reading this interview with Damien Rice makes me want to listen to 'O' all over again. So much fire, so much anger, so much thought thrown into it - I wish she'd gotten back with him after reading this.

And so that was all good, but then we had the meeting and I felt that... I just felt that Lisa didn't contribute to the meeting at all and just... and I had held the meeting so that she could say whatever she wanted to change, or whatever.

So I went into her dressing room before the show, just after the meeting, and asked her what was wrong, why didn't she contribute to the meeting? And she said 'Well, what's the point? You are just going to do what you want anyway'. At which point I just lost my head. I lost my head, you know."

He shakes his head, regretfully.


"I love her", he declares. "I love her so much. And I love her so much that I love that she hasn't spoken to me - because even in that I have learned so much over the last two years. I have learned to appreciate the friends that I do have, and not to fuck up anymore. And, you know, thanks to Lisa's resilience, her and I are not fighting any more, so that's a positive thing".

No comments: